Salary: £65,000 - £95,000
Legal Counsel & Legal Operations Specialist
London - Full time
Montresor Legal have been engaged by a unique design-driven legal consultancy dedicated to helping in-house Legal teams optimise their legal function through a combination of legal operations, design and managed services support.
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve worked with some of the most innovative companies in the world, including Depop, Remitly, Stripe and Toyota. We’ve also spearheaded game-changing disruptive industry-wide initiatives.nity
The boutique is growing rapidly and we're looking for a talented Legal Counsel and Legal Operations Specialist to join our London-based team. Reporting to the COO, you will provide legal operations and process design, commercial contracts and projects support to our clients. You’ll work closely with each of them, with client exposure being a key part of the role.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to and work on our legal community platform which is changing the way lawyers work at an industry level.
This role offers a truly unique opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to gain exposure not only to an enviable client list but to every aspect of ‘new law’, building a strong reputation as a legal transformation leader within the market.
- Support in carrying out detailed discovery sessions for clients looks to optimise their processes and ways of working
- Mapping out and redesigning processes to help clients identify and remove bottlenecks
- Support in providing recommendations to clients in relation to their processes, documentation and technology
- Helping to deliver our consultancy projects, including tech advisory and implementation projects
- Review and negotiate commercial contracts for a range of clients, including SaaS agreements, NDAs and DPAs
- Support with legal design and playbook projects, designing and drafting template documents and processes
- Develop and improve legal resources, playbooks and training programmes
- Engage with the community and support the creation of content for the platform.
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- 2-6 years’ PQE in-house or law firm (UK or foreign qualified)
- Right to work in the UK
- Fluent English language skills, both written and oral
- Passionate about and experience in legal operations and legal technology
- Keen interest in legal innovation
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts - knowledge of data protection law is preferable but not required
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, always looking for better ways of working and thinking outside the box
- Tech literate and comfortable with learning new systems and ways of working
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Openness, enthusiasm, growth mindset, a strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to take a pragmatic, customer-centric approach
It would also be great to see:
- Project management experience
- Data protection experience
- Employee pension
- Private health insurance
- Offices in Central London
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Weekly team lunches and drinks and regular social events
- Healthy snacks and breakfast daily