LEGAL COUNSEL - CONTENT LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT ORGANISATION
Our global media client comprises many of the world's most popular and iconic multimedia entertainment brands.
They wish to hire an experienced content lawyer to join their growing Business and Legal Affairs team. The focus will be on commissioned content and in house productions for the well-known channel brands and platforms.
* Providing legal and compliance advice to commissioners, producers and editors, including pre and post publication advice
* Risk analysis for the production and distribution processes
* Working with other BLA team members to make sure appropriate judgement is applied to all governance protocols and that all new issues are discussed
* Advising on child protection/duty of care/editorial ethics
* Dealing with pre and post litigation management and working closely on complaints and regulatory investigations (for example responding to Ofcom)
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and relevant industry experience, as well as a good understanding of program legal/regulatory compliance issues and media law relating to defamation, copyright and data protection.
As part of a high performing team, you will be an experienced professional with a positive and go-getting attitude, as well as a passion for and knowledge of the media industry.