LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
CENTRAL LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is one of the world's largest and most successful creators, producers and distributors of outstanding television brands, responsible for many of the world's highest rated prime time entertainment, drama, serial drama and factual entertainment.
We are looking for a Legal & Business Affairs Executive to join the LBA team responsible for providing advice and support across the commercial distribution arm of the business.
Depending on experience, the role will either support the European team or the US and Middle East Asia/ Asia Pacific teams and will report into a senior lawyer or Senior Legal and Business Affairs executive. The role is predominantly focussed on international sales and distribution activities and format licensing and the acquisition of content. Both teams support dynamic sales teams operating across the respective regions.
This is an excellent role for a junior lawyer to grow their skills and experience in the television sector, with fantastic opportunities for progression.
* Checking, amending, negotiating and approving standard licence agreements.
* Drafting and negotiating amendments to licence agreements.
* Reviewing and negotiating third party agreements (with level appropriate supervision where applicable).
* Structuring and negotiating multi-territory, complex and innovative deals and ventures with the commercial team, predominantly for sales but also across acquisitions.
* Working across high value, multi-territory and global SVOD licensing.
* Assisting the VP for acquisitions with third party and Group content acquisition contracting and queries.
We are looking for candidates with commercial experience in a media environment (not necessarily TV).
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is passionate about TV and would like to work in a supportive and friendly team.