Salary: £75 000-£100 000
LEGAL COUNSEL, DEPUTY DIRECTOR (EMEA) - 2+ YRS PQE
LUXURY RETAIL / FINE ART
FLUENT FRENCH / SPANISH
CENTRAL LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is one of the world's premier destinations for fine art and luxury.
We have an exciting opportunity for a business-minded and self-motivated lawyer to join the EMEA Commercial Legal Department in London.
This lawyer will be responsible for supporting for our client's core auction business and its other commercial activity across EMEA, including private treaty sales, buy now marketplace and NFT transactions, as well as supporting business operations and procurement team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, bright, kind and hardworking lawyer, looking to gain in-house commercial legal experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and at a Global and innovative company.
You will be dealing with offices around the world, including Paris and Madrid, and we are looking for someone who is proficient in reading, writing and communicating in French or Spanish. Language skills will be tested at interview.
* Draft, review and negotiate various agreements including auction consignment agreements, guarantee agreements, irrevocable bids and related agreements.
* Draft, review and negotiate marketing agreements and vendor agreements, including sponsorship and collaboration agreements, licensing agreements, shipping agreements, production agreements, consulting services agreements and security services agreements
* Advise on deal structure and legal and reputational risk
* Drive continuous growth and development of internal processes
* Lead trainings for business partners on legal issues
* Create and update all necessary forms and agreements
We are looking for a lawyer with at least 2 years PQE, who is confident working across multiple time zones and jurisdictions, with a practical approach to legal drafting and problem solving. Art industry / in-house experience would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain amazing commercial in-house experience in a prestigious and innovative business.