Salary: £55 000
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our International Company is a fast-growing world leader in Power Tools, Accessories, Hand Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, and Floor Care for Do-It-Yourself (DIY), professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair, maintenance, construction, and infrastructure industries. The Company is committed to accelerating the transformation of these industries through superior environmentally friendly cordless technology.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are currently seeking a junior legal counsel (qualified in UK or in another EEA jurisdiction) or Paralegal to join our legal team based in Berkshire. The role entails providing a blend of legal and administrative support involving all aspects of corporate / commercial work to the EMEA business reporting directly to the Vice President of Legal Affairs EMEA.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Providing legal support with regards to corporate/ commercial transactions, document production and management including:
- Daily legal support to the multiple companies across the EMEA region.
- Reviewing, drafting, and advising on commercial contracts such as supply, distribution and service contracts.
- Reviewing and drafting T&Cs for campaigns.
- Monitoring GDPR/ Data privacy compliance.
- Collating billing information.
- Assisting with signing and closing procedures, as well as collating signature packs and executing documents.
- Involvement in business projects to cover the legal roll-out.
- Assisting with corporate documents – director appointments, board resolutions, etc.
- Conducting legal research.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience within a similar role.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed their LPC/BPTC with some relevant in-house experience, or someone who has qualified as a lawyer in another European jurisdiction and is looking to work in-house in the UK or a Senior Paralegal
- Experience with GDPR and Data protection desirable.
- Experience with Competition Law desirable.
- Occasional travel to Europe will be necessary.
- Experience with B2B and B2C business environment.
- Dynamic, energetic and structured/organized
- Keen to learn new skills in different legal areas.
- Hands-on approach and pro-active style a must.
Feel comfortable in a fast-paced multinational environment with flat hierarchies and exposure to different levels of seniority.
- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) – Single Cover
- Dental Insurance (BUPA) – Single Cover
- Group Personal Pension Plan; 5% employer contribution
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Seasonal Ticket Loan scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Fitness / Gym Allowance
- Team Purchase Scheme VAX,