Salary: c£38k - hybrid working
Legal Cashier at City Law Firm - c£38k (Hybrid Working)
Our client is a dynamic and professional international law firm in the City, and they are looking for a legal cashier to join them in a busy and varied permanent legal cashier role.
This is a great opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic legal cashier looking for a new opportunity in a growing international law firm based right by Liverpool Street Station – albeit that the firm are working hybrid, so you’ll only be in the office a maximum of three days per week.
The role is a 12-month FTC to cover maternity and is available to start immediately. Duties will include;
- Dealing with office and client accounts in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Performing reconciliations of the firms’ office and client accounts.
- Calculating and applying all interest calculations on the client account as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation folder.
- Performing daily transfers from client to office.
- Liaising with Partners to ensure residual balances are regularly cleared and that annual statements are sent to clients.
- Ensuring the timely payment of Invoices in accordance with supplier payment terms and/or in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Collating and processing of corporate credit card transactions/statements.
- Posting and paying weekly expense claims from fee earners and Business Functions staff.
- Ordering, reconciliation and distribution of foreign currency requests.
- Conducting a regular review of the firms’ exception reports.
- Liaising with the billing team to ensure office credit balances are investigated and cleared as necessary.
- Assisting with the firm's annual audit and collating required information.
- Assisting with the reconciliation, processing and training requirements of the International offices when required.
What they are looking for is a confident and capable legal finance professional with a good knowledge of accounting systems.
Ideal candidates will be immediately available and have gained 3 years’ experience in the finance team of a firm of solicitors, familiarity with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR), statutory regulations and office accounts.
For more information or to be considered please contact John Bruce ASAP.