Salary: £60,000 Dependant on Experience
Our national Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of commercial property to an excellent and diverse client base. This role is an opportunity to join an innovative and high performing, busy team in a client facing role. Our focus is on delivering a first class client service. We advise on a broad range of commercial property work including landlord & tenant; sales & purchases; property management; regeneration projects & development agreements and associated construction, planning and funding arrangements. Our clients range from major retailers, leisure operators, regional developers, local authorities, universities and healthcare providers. We have been involved in a range of projects from £100 million city centre regeneration schemes to smaller bespoke ventures. We offer an excellent in house training and development programme
We are currently recruiting for a Real Estate Associate 3 to 6 YR PQE to join our Real Estate team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of Real Estate cases
- Provide support to other members of the team
- Draft and prepare various real estate documents
- Liaise with internal and external parties
- Supervise and develop more junior members of staff as may be required
- Ensure that work produced is to the highest standard
- Manage own time effectively
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.