Salary: £22 000 depending on experience
Our national Real Estate team provides a complete range of legal and advisory services on all aspects of residential development for a wide range of residential developers and social housing providers (including FTSE housebuilders). We advise on and draft heads of terms, conditional contracts, option and promotion agreements as well as all associated construction, planning and infrastructure issues. Our clients range from national housebuilders, regional developers, social housing providers and individual landowners. We represent clients in a range of projects from multi-million acquisitions and disposals as well as site assembly for residential development.
We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to provide assistance to senior case handlers in the Real Estate team in Birmingham.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be required to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
Ideally you will have previous experience as a Paralegal and a genuine and demonstrable interest in the above area of work. As the role is varied, we are looking for you to have a flexible approach to the work you do and be able to adapt to different tasks. We also require you to have:
- Real Estate experience preferred but not essential
- Currently or previously a paralegal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.
SALARY up to £22 000 depending on experience