Corporate Tax NQ - Associate
International top 50 firm
A leading international practice with multiple offices, are recruiting for a corporate tax lawyer in their Central London office. You will join a full service international firm that operate form 10 offices in the UK, Europe and Middle East.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an NQ to join a growing Corporate Tax team, based in the London city office. The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, experience advising a wide range of taxation issues for clients ranging from public companies to start-ups, operating in the UK and internationally.
The team acts for a wide range of clients that include public/private companies, financial institutions, operating both in the UK and internationally, as well as advising HNW/UHNW individuals and families, entrepreneurs and charities.
The work mix is broad covering corporate, real estate and finance transactions, investment funds tax, share schemes, employment incentives and remuneration planning.
The team works closely with all Divisions across the Firm.
Role and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
* Provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
* Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
* Draft accurately and logically, making appropriate use of precedents
* Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
* Support Partners in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department's client base and network of referrers and contacts
* Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how initiative
* Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
* Demonstrate excellent time management skills
* Be organised and capable of running a significant number of files and work matters simultaneously
* Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels
* Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
* Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
Please apply if you have good academics, training from a large regional or City firm and the ability to manage a busy, complex caseload.
For a confidential discussion please contact Catherine Knowles on 0203 151 2151 or apply as directed.