Salary: £100 000 - £120 000
QC Legal is delighted to present another unique opportunity for a Corporate/M&A lawyer to make a defining move in their career. We are looking for a lawyer to take on a Senior Associate role within one of the largest and active brokers in the M&A insurance market. This is a truly unique opportunity for you to make a memorable move in-house and redefine your career.
The firm is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £100,000- £120,000 plus benefits.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will attend a training programme in London before being based in Manchester and helping the firm to develop their business in the North of England.
- You will be expected to attend business development meetings with senior members of the team alongside collaborating with the Business Development team in relation to business planning, events, or initiatives.
- Within your role you will be:
- Learning about the M&A insurance market and the risks assumed by the insurance market.
- Understanding and learning the firms’ unique approach to broking.
- Engaging with clients and running transaction processes from an insurance perspective.
- Engaging and working together with other teams such as specialist tax, environmental, title and litigation when placing policies.
- Developing and growing the client base in the region through high quality execution and attending business development meetings with investors and advisers.
- Working closely with the UK W&I team and visiting the London office at least twice a month.
- The role will involve working on some transactions with the UK W&I team that were not produced in Manchester.
- The typical brokerage commission on the policies can vary between GBP 30,000-500,000+ and as such, providing an excellent service and client centric approach is fundamental.
What you will bring to the table:
- Excellent academics including a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level.
- At least 2 years’ previous qualified experience at a leading M&A law firm or an investment bank.
- A strong track record of Corporate/M&A work that you can demonstrate.
- You will not be required to have any prior Insurance knowledge as you will be provided with training before starting the role.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, which will allow you to interact and work with senior members effectively.
- Given the bespoke nature of the policies (essentially, they are extensions of SPAs) and the complex risks covered, this process requires intellectual rigour and technical expertise. Each deal is unique and an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ is key!
- A driven, personable, and entrepreneurial attitude which will allow you to successfully take part in business development.
What’s on the table for you:
- The opportunity to expand your practice into insurance/risks within an internationally renowned firm.
- A competitive salary of up to £120,000.
- Flexible working which makes for a great work life balance.
- Plus, more flexible benefits.
How to Apply
- We’d welcome speaking with you directly and confidentially.
- Please call Amelia Rose on 07791 345 944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your CV in using the form below.
Find out more about our current job opportunities here: https://qclegal.com
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.