Salary: up to £65 000 depending on experience
Following our exciting merger with the prestigious family team at Radcliffes Le Brasseur we are looking to expand our team further.
Our Family team covers the whole of the UK, with personnel in London, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Glasgow.
The Family Team has been recognised in the Legal 500, and Chambers with a number of Partners being designated as “Leading Individuals” and experts in their field, reflecting our enviable reputation for advising clients on all their family legal needs.
We are proud to provide a personal, transparent and efficient service by a team which includes partners and solicitors qualified in English and Scottish Law, as well as trained Collaborative Lawyers and Mediators. We are members of Resolution. We have a diverse range of clients acting for mid to high net worth clients in both Financial Remedy cases as well as considerable expertise in Children cases.
As a Family Solicitor you will be required to help support our Partners in London and develop and expand your own case load working with the renowned Caroline Penfold who is recognised in the Chambers High Net Worth 2022 guide.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of private family work, including high value/complex family law cases for high net worth individuals with a particular focus on advising the firms owner managed business clients.
- Assist other case handlers in the team and wider department with their cases as may be required
- Supervise and develop the skills of other team members including trainees and paralegals
- Advise and take instructions from clients in relation to their financial affairs
- Travel to Court and attend upon clients
- Prepare and file various correspondence, notes and documentation
- Assist with marketing the services of the team and wider department
- Achieve financial and chargeable targets to meet key performance indicators.
- Ensure relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with relevant Weightmans client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
- Business development
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
As a Family Solicitor we would expect you to;
- 1 YRS + PQE
- Have Keen interest and wide experience in all aspects of family Law, including Children and Financial cases. Experience of high value/complex cases for high net worth individuals would be desirable
- Ideally to have court experience
- Have business development skills and experience
- To have excellent IT skills
- To have Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- To be able to work towards strict deadlines and targets
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Adviser can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants