Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
Our Property Litigation team acts for public and private sector landlords, tenants and real estate developers, and our client base includes local authorities, NHS Trusts, housing associations, social landlords, blue chip retailers and owner managed businesses. We use bespoke case management systems to ensure that all documents are accurate and consistent, court procedures are followed and deadlines met.
As a Property Litigation Solicitor you will be joining a strong, fast-growing, national property litigation team, currently operating out of four offices: Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, and Manchester. The team has more than doubled in size over the last five years and is expected to continue to expand.
We are currently seeking a NQ to 2YR PQE Solicitor to join our team in either Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of mixed property litigation work, which, currently, will predominantly be defendant housing disrepair work .
- Caseload may include commercial cases such as estate management work, possession actions, business lease renewals, injunctions etc.
- Caseload may also include residential cases such as possessions, rent recovery, disrepair etc. for both housing association and other residential landlords
- Assist other case handlers with their caseloads
- Support and develop more junior members of the team
- Assist with business development and profile raising initiatives including networking events
- Complete MI procedures as required
- Achieve set targets/KPIs
- Ensure relevant deadlines, compliance and quality measures are adhered to
- Comply with relevant Weightmans and client policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
As a property Litigation Solicitor we would expect you to;
- Have knowledge of property litigation work
- NQ to 2YRS PQE
- Have a flexible approach
- Be motivated and highly-driven
- Have excellent IT and typing skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- To have excellent time management and organisation skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Be able to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.