Lawyer Crimes Exposed as he is Struck Off
In mid-April 2023 the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal handed down its decision to a legal professional removing him from the prestigious Roll of Solicitors after allegations of criminal conduct emerged against him centring around evidence suggesting that he had committed lude criminal acts.
What Happened In The Case?
The trajectory of the legal professional’s career was taking a positive turn. He had achieved his practising certificate. This permitted him to provide his professional services in the office of solicitor. To underline his career success he was also promoted to a leadership position with the legal services provider. However, all this was quickly washed away when evidence put his squeaky-clean image in doubt because allegations surfaced from a group of young persons from the female demographic who had not yet achieved the age of majority and were still attending school in full-time education. The group of young school-age females alleged that the legal professional had committed acts of gross indecency towards them daily over a thirty-six-month time-frame from January 2018 to May 2021. The group alleged that his sexually motivated act had been deliberately designed to disturb the young persons from the female demographic and cause
Given the seriousness of the allegations, the law enforcement authorities appear to have felt under the compulsion to launch a serious investigation into what had taken place in the indecent incident. When it did so it found he had committed his disgraceful behaviour whilst running. Owing to the seriousness of the allegations the Magistrates Court located in West Dorset handed him a criminal conviction and a suspended sentence of imprisonment.
What Did the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Say?
However, he was in for a rude awakening when the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal doled out sanctions and barred him from operating as a solicitor.
Legal professionals should be taking the time to carefully read the facts of the case, and the circumstances surrounding it and taking on board the lessons emanating from it. In this regard, they should be remembering to take the following steps to reduce the probability of facing hot water from both a regulatory and criminal perspective. They can go some way to doing so by:
- Professionally conducting themselves at all times
- being aware that such behaviour may be construed as Rubicon to being regarded as illegal
- recognise that such disgraceful behaviour may bring the legal profession and provider into disrepute
- if they do behave in such an unprofessional manner, they risk being arrested, investigated by the law enforcement authorities, charges being pressed and a punishment potentially handed down such as criminal convictions and prison sentences
- acting with honesty and integrity to build trust with clients, the legal profession and public
- not behaving in a way which could be interpreted by independent third parties in the wider public populous as lude conduct
- avoid placing themselves in a situation whereby they are near education establishments where young children under the age of majority are located daily
- considering how such behaviour may be perceived by potential victims and
- think about the distressing and alarming effect it may have caused by such persons affected by the illicit behaviour.
Should legal professionals conduct themselves in this unprofessional manner they will avoid running the risk of losing permission to operate in the profession.
If you have experienced something similar, or have an opposing viewpoint, please kindly leave a comment on the article or contact us.
#BlakeMorgan #LClyde&CoLLP #CapsticksLLP #Hempsons #KingsleyNapleyLLP #RadcliffesLeBrasseur #BatesWells #CMS #DACBeachcroftLLP #FieldFisher #HerbertSmithFreehills #Russell-CookeLLP #BlackfordsLLP #CharlesRussellSpeechlysLLP #KeoughLLP #MurdochsSolicitors #StepehensonsSolicItorsLLP